The Olympics are well underway, and while some people (including athletes) have been celebrating, there are a number of concerns:
- Spectators haven’t been able to see everything at Cypress because of the fastly melting snow, and the removal of stands
- Only 3 of 4 Torch thingies were erected
- Downhill continues to be postponed due to snow and fog
- The ‘green’ ice cleaners at long-track speed skating leak, a lot
- A stand collapsed at a concert, injuring 8 people
These things continue to add up to what some people are calling, “The worst Olympics in history. Worse even then the ones where winning teams were sacrificed, losing teams were sacrificed, and spectators were thrown to the lions.”
And today’s headlines are only adding to the woes. It appears that VANOC officials are to blame for an assassination in Dubai, the crashing of a plane in Austin, Texas, and all of the bad crap that will happen when the Olympics are in London (2012) and Russia (2014). One English reporter even mentioned a VANOC symbol as the last hieroglyphic visible on the Mayan Calendar, before the world ends in a fiery ball of hate.