I learned a few things today. Some that I could have done without, some that inspired me to write, and some that confirmed things I already knew.
It all started with my little guy Spencer wanting a toy from that Bee movie. Well, McDonald’s one of the biggest names on the planet, has done an obviously good job advertising their toys, because my five year old knew he wanted his cheeseburger from there. I got in the car and drove to the nearest McDick’s to get supper. Red Deer is currently facing a worker shortage for any service related job, and therefore the lineups were long, and only one till was running. I decided after seeing the drive-thru line to head to the restaurant downtown.
The Oiler’s game was on the radio, so I didn’t mind a short drive. This franchise appeared less busy, and I got out of the car and into the line. Unfortunately a few people were ahead of me. More unfortunately, the young man running the store front and the woman who was decorating burgers in the back were involved in some kind of argument. Because it took so darn long, I ended up learning a few things:
– Karen, the girl in the EXCO bulldog shirt is going to Fox Creek for Christmas
– The girl with the purple crocs thinks McDonalds is a brainless job and anybody should be able to get a job there, so why should it take so long?
– Public Displays of Affection are a bad idea. And french kissing doesn’t make me hungrier for french fries
– Lots of people use the f-bomb when they’re waiting for a hamburger
– Most people go to McDonalds because of the kids toys
– McDonalds managers apparently have the power to fire the young boys who work the tills and literally “throw them out on the street as soon as I’m done payroll”
– When you’re hand is broken, it hurts when your girlfriend bangs it into the back counter
– Asian-Canadians can get away with hair cuts no Caucasian would dream of
Thanks Mr. Seinfield.