I live in Alberta, this means there are cows all around us. My father in law was a dairy farmer who now raises some beef cows. Every so often he butchers, and we get quite a bit of ground beef. My wife Shana has become somewhat of an expert cooking with it. She can make many, many hamburger dishes, but my top 10 favourite ones are:
10. Ship wreck casserole. Don’t know why it’s called this, but it’s got rice, potatoes, carrots and ground beef.
9. Hamburger Helper. It’s an oldie but a goodie. We don’t eat this too often, but when we have it, everyone likes it.
8. Taco Salad. The only real knock against it is you have to eat it cold.
7. Lasagna. It is very tasty. I’ve grown to love her vegetarian lasagna as well. Basically replace meat with spinach.
6. Hamburger muffins. I know, sounds gross, but they’re kind of like cornbread cooked with meat. You put ketchup on them and they’re very tasty.
5. Tacos (Burritos). Very delicious. Spicy. Tasty. Sometimes too juicy.
4. Spaghetti. I love spaghetti with or without meat sauce, but there is something great about caeser salad, and spaghetti and meatballs.
3. Meatloaf. I’ve always been a fan, but I have to admit mom, she’s outdone you on this one.
2. Meatballs. Shana makes them with a sweet and sour sauce, and over rice they are superb!
1. Meatballs. Shana makes them with an onion soup sauce, and over rice they are superb!